Why Buy a Glasshouse or Greenhouse?
Firstly, owning a glasshouse or greenhouse comes with the immense satisfaction and sense of achievement of harvesting healthy vegetables, flowers and plants!
As well as this, glasshouses and greenhouses have a long list of crop-growing positives:
- They protect crops from the cold
- Protect from wind
- Protect from heavy rain
- Protect from pests/birds/other hungry animals!
- Lengthen your growing season
- Provide a haven for you and your plants
- Provide a framework to protect from sunburn and mid-day over-heating
Air circulation is also very important.
Too few doors/vents/louvres can cause overheating and a subsequent suffocation of the plants and crops inside your glasshouse or greenhouse. As a result, in warmer seasons doors/vents/louvres should be left open day and night, unless a cold snap occurs. Also, having everything shut on a hot day will cause very high plant damage.
PROTECT YOUR PLANTS FROM SUNBURN
There are three main methods of doing this:
- Shade paint
- Shade cloth panels held to inside with clips
- Shade cloth kit over the outside
Comment below or give us a call if you have any queries!
Also see our range of accessories here.
Visit us on Facebook here.